A guide on installing most Bukkit Minecraft plugins.
To install plugins on your server you need to log into FTP via FileZilla or Multicraft, these steps explain the process of installing plugins with the Multicraft FTP. Login to Multicraft, select and stop your server, and follow these steps:
1. If your server is not already running on Bukkit Minecraft, you need to switch your server to a version of Bukkit.
2. If your server is running Bukkit and you have started it at least once you will see a folder named "plugins" when you log into your FTP.
3. Navigate to the "plugins" folder.
4. On the top menu, click "Upload" in the navigation bar.
5. Drag and drop the plugin files to the upload area on the Upload Panel that opens up.
6. Once the plugins are updated, go back to the plugins folder and make sure all the plugins jar files are in the plugins folder.
7. (Optional) If the plugin file came as a zip file, you can select the file and click Unzip button under More.
8. Restart your Minecraft server and the plugin will install and possibly generate a folder within the plugins folder. This will hold all the configuration files and such for the respective plugin.
4. Drag and drop the jar file into the folder on the right-hand side of the FileZilla screen or right click and upload the file if you have navigated to it on the left side of your FileZilla screen.
5. Restart your server and the plugin will install and possibly generate a folder within the plugins folder. This will hold all the configuration files and such for the respective plugin.
Things to note:
- If there is a problem with the plugin it will always display an error message in the console so it is best to refer back to the console regularly.
- Check that the plugin works for your Bukkit version, this can be seen on the plugin's Bukkit page.
- If you are using FileZilla. Just upload the plugins to the plugins folder when you log on.
- You can find information about permission nodes, configuration options, and extra installation steps on the respective plugin page.